Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Lighthouse Tofu

I've been to the Lighthouse in Annandale a few times and I just found out there is one right in Rockville. My sister was craving something meaty so it was perfect for a visit. Overall, VA lighthouse (VA Korean food in general) wins.

walrus monster

you are who you hangout with? i hope not! :P

Korean Seafood Pancake

It's been a long time since I had one of these, and I can't remember if they're supposed to be chewy. Well if it isn't supposed to be, I enjoyed the chewiness anyway.

Kimchi Beef Tofu Pot

normally I order my soondubu with clams and/or other seafood, but this was a pleasant change up. I would order this again.

Bugolgi

Bulgogi is just okay to me especially when you can get Korean short ribs for 10x the deliciousness. But it was my sister's choice and for Bulgogi it wasn't bad.

Kimchi side dish

This is by far the worst kimchi I've ever had. It was tremendously fishy and gooey. The kimchi along with the underwhelming side dishes alone make me not eager to return.

12710 Twinbrook Pkwy, Rockville, MD • 301.881.1178

Lighthouse Tofu & BBQ on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

  1. I am sad that the kimchee was a disappointment, but at least you got to spend some quality time w/little sis! I guess we need to keep on the hunt for good Korean in the DC area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it's always fun hanging out with my silly sister! And I recently got a referral to a Korean buffet (Korshi) that I am very anxious to check out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for VA FOOD! i want to come with you next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok let's schedule something. korshi? or any other recommendations?

    ReplyDelete