Thursday, August 25, 2011

Phil's BBQ

A friend highly recommended Phil's BBQ when I was planning my trip to San Diego. Unfortunately, I ended up spending little time in San Diego so there weren't many opportunities to visit Phil's. Finally, before heading to the airport to catch my flight back home, I made a last minute stop at Phil's and picked up a few sandwiches for my 10+ hour trip home. Darn layovers!!

El Toro Sandwich

Tender tri-tip steak with delicious BBQ sauce. The meat was probably some of the tender-est I've ever had in a sandwich!

BBQ Broham Sandwich

The waitress said this, along with the El Toro, are the most popular sandwiches at Phil's. The pulled pork in this sandwich was just ok for me... it was a little too dry for my taste.

Ribs!

Ok ok, I didn't actually get to eat this platter. Since I had to catch my flight, I ordered sandwiches so the food would be easier to take on the plane. But when one of the waiters walked by carrying this... I couldn't resist.

3750 Sports Arena Blvd, San Diego, CA • 619.226.6333 • http://www.philsbbq.net

1 comment: