Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Timbuktu

For Father's Day and my mom's birthday (yup, they steal each other's thunder... but it's great for me!!), I let my parents pick where to go for dinner. Surprisingly, they chose Timbuktu after hearing from friends about the crab cakes! Previous dinner choices included Red Lobster and Long John Silver... so we're definitely branching out!

Maryland Crab Soup

I love Maryland Crab Soup and this soup had ridiculously large chunks of crab meat in it! But I didn't enjoyed the soup flavor as much as other versions I've had in the past.

Crab Cake

Chunks of crab! Not too much breading! Pretty good crab cake... definitely better than Market Lunch's. But perhaps because I was a little crabcaked out, I didn't think it was as awesome as I remembered.

Pro tip: The menu has a crab cake sandwich and a crab cake platter that is available as either a single or double with 2 sides. The crab cakes themselves are the same size regardless of which entree you order. So if you go by yourself and think you'll only have enough tummy space for a crab cake and a side, the sandwich is your best bet. If you go as a party of two, splitting a double entree instead of ordering 2 singles can save you $7!

1726 Dorsey Road, Hanover, MD • 410.796.0733 • http://www.timbukturestaurant.com/

1 comment:

  1. oo i've never had crabcakes at timbuktu but i go to G&M and I heard it's owned by the same ppl or at least they share the same recipes. I always get the baked stuffed oysters. You get 6 crabcakes on top of baked oysters. yum.

    ReplyDelete