Thursday, September 1, 2011

Hello again Mosaic Cuisine,

Last time we came here I was excited to return for the breakfast menu. My experience this time can be summed up in 3 words: less-butter-please. And I like my butter, so too much means too much!

Spinach Eggs Benedict

I admit I don't know much about egg benedicts, but this sauce was distinctly different in a bad way. mr. piggy agrees.

Breakfast Mosaic Style

How do you mess up a standard breakfast? with too much butter! The bacon was good though, I think they skipped on buttering the bacon. yaay. The fruit was mushy and old. I also decided these waffles are too airy and crispy for my liking.

186 Halpine Road, Rockville, MD • 301.468.0682 • www.mosaiccuisine.com

4 comments:

  1. I Can't Believe It's (Too Much) Butter! Your post reminds me of how you got the extra buttery morning bun at Tartine. I am sad that Mosaic went downhill, it was pretty good that time you brought me and Mr. Piggy's fam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oo but i thoroughly enjoyed that buttery morning bun. Just couldn't finish it all at once!

    I would still go back to Mosaic- just not for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi urjo! Ok, I just had to comment on this one. That lil plate of fruit really does look disgusting. Yeah, it's not spoiled or anything but any place that prides themselves in serving good food would never serve fruit that is a few days old and obviously has been sitting out in the open. The tip of that watermelon looks like a sponge. You should send this link to the manager and if he/she is smart, he/she would invite you guys back and serve you a good, fresh breakfast free of charge. ok by!

    ReplyDelete