Thursday, September 15, 2011

blah blah Boston (day 1)

To me going to Boston is like going to a bridal shower. It's not like bridal showers are that much fun, you just go for the bride. The 3 times I’ve been to Boston, it was to check out a college with my sister, visit a friend at BU, and this past time for a good friend’s wedding.

Growing up in ny, I’ve seen my share of angry, but Boston takes the cake when it comes to down right rude. And I’m not just talking about their fans. In our short weekend there my friend got pushed into a stroller by a homeless lady, I got yelled in a crowded store for picking up something that someone else dropped, among other outburst of rage from random drivers. Well despite their ppl and awful accent, I enjoyed Boston this time around and especially liked seeing all my college friends again.

Hei La Moon: TL- Hubby's favorite "furry hamsters", TR- Har gow, BL- Cheung fun, Shumai, Tofu

The bride and groom brought us here for rehearsal brunch. Honestly I was so tired from waking up for our 6am flight, I can't remember the details about the food, but I don't believe I had any complaints.

88 Beach St, Boston, MA • 617.338.8813 • www.heilamoon.com


After brunch and some rest at the hotel we decided to explore Boston a bit. We followed the red brick road along the freedom trail and I visited Quincy Market for the first time. I'm a sucker for markets and fairs so +1 for Boston.


Ice cream break!


Quincy's Place: Pistachio Ice Cream

Pistachio ice cream always reminds me of my cousin mikey. We used to walk to carvel all the time and I never understood why he never got any other flavor, ever. haha these days i'm quite fond of pistachio. Ice cream here was good, but too many pistachios for me. I know it doesn't look like it from the picture but there was a lot!

254 Faneuil Hall Market Pl, Boston, MA • 617.723.3635



For lunch we got to choose from an overwhelming selection in the indoor market. After some samples we landed at Boston Chowder.


Boston Chowda Co: lobster roll & cream of corn soup

mmm mmm good! big chunky lobster pieces on a sweet roll. A little more mayo than I prefer but I was able to overlook that.

Faneuil Hall Market Place, Boston, MA • 617.742.4441 • http://www.bostonchowda.com


On our way home we were too tired for walking. Look! The platform is flush to the rails. I was very amused.

4 comments:

  1. that ice cream looks delicious! same with the lobster roll.

    did you try any new england clam chowder? i've only had it from a can... i wonder if it's better in boston

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh love this post and all the different pictures you have up. yeah ah di and his pistachio ice cream. such a strange kid.

    speaking of kids, why you take a picture of some random kid for? creeepy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, sorry to hear that Boston peeps are so inconsiderate! I guess now I know why Matt Damon, Marky Mark, and Ben Affleck always seem a tad obnoxious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Taro dim sun and lobster sandwich, they are my favorite foods.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete