Tuesday, July 12, 2011

LA eating fun (part 2)

Eating day #2 was great. I found another favorite to add to my piqqy collection! Check out Porto's bakery if you're ever by Burbank (also in Glendale and Downey). Thanks nuba for a fun and very full 1.5 days.

Porto's Bakery: Cheese Rolls

my friend brought some back to share after his LA trip, and i had to check it out myself. As expected, it was even better fresh.

Porto's Bakery: potato balls

fried mashed potato balls with seasoned ground beef, fantastic.

3614 West Magnolia Boulevard, Burbank, CA‎ • 818.846.9100 • www.portosbakery.com

Jelly Bean Factory: dark chocolate covered strawberry jelly bellys!

we sampled a bunch of dark chocolate covered jelly beans, and we all liked strawberry the best. i greedily brought me back a few bag fulls. i wonder when they'll start selling it in regular stores.

927 N Hollywood Way, Burbank, CA‎ • 818.848.4806

Santouka: Spicy Miso Ramen combo

my friend used to live by a Mitsuwa in Jersey and i loved going there whenever we visited, so I got rather excited seeing Mitsuwa in LA. If I lived near one I would go all the time.

3760 Centinela Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90066 • 310.398.2113 • www.mitsuwa.com

Ice Pan: imaginary ice cream

natural ice cream made in an ice pan right in front of you? i was SO ready. too bad it shut down. haha.

7100 Santa Monica Blvd, West Hollywood, CA • 323.883.0267 • www.icepanusa.com

3 comments:

  1. seriously those potato balls look so good. and the fish eggy things keep calling my name...

    ReplyDelete
  2. they taste heavenly too. highly recommended!

    i heart fish eggy things. :)

    ReplyDelete