Wednesday, July 6, 2011

LA eating fun (part 1)

While I was in cali, I got to swing by and visit a really good friend in LA. we only had 1.5 days, but it was enough time to squeeze in 6 meals. :) horaay for good eating buddies (and husbands who try to keep up).

Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles: #2 SCOE's 1/4 Chix smothered with gravy & onions, and 2 waffles

I ordered the southern style cuz I'm not big on gravy, but my friend gave me a piece of her chicken and I was jealous. I liked how the skin was still crispy even with all that gravy on top. yum.

Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles: #1 SCOE's 1/4 Chix prepared southern style, and 2 waffles

waffles were pretty plain. chicken was a little dry. i'd stick with the gravy chicken.

1518 N Gower St, Los Angeles, CA • 323.466.7453 • www.roscoeschickenandwaffles.com


Moishe's Gyro

my friend loves the gyro here, but i didn't like how i could taste the gameyness in the lamb.
oh but i do love how it's in this market that's tucked away behind the Grove outdoor shopping center.
A very cute place to shop, eat, and play!

6333 W. 3rd St. Farmers Market, Stall 336, Los Angeles, CA • 323.936.4998 • www.farmersmarketla.com


King Taco: Carne Asada and Carnitas Taco

I can't remember which one I liked better, but it was really about that green sauce anyway.

multiple locations, Los Angeles, CA • 1.800.King.Taco • www.kingtaco.com


Pepe's Tacos: Pepe's Burrito (pork, rice, cheese, salsa, lettuce, onion tomato, guacamole, no beans, no cheese & sour cream on the side please)

this burrito was massive and good. It made me wish I left more room in my stomach so I could eat it all.

4582 S Centinela Ave, Los Angeles, CA • 310.391.8667 • www.pepestacosla.com

2 comments:

  1. these pictures don't look very appetizing...very mushy-looking stuff...but the more i'm looking at taco and burrito, the more i want it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. the gravy chicken was pleasantly not mushy though!

    the other stuff isn't supposed to look mushy haha. photographer error. :X

    ReplyDelete