Saturday, November 26, 2011

Happy Turkey Day!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

i came home to find my parents sunbathing Mrs Bear, our animatronic Christmas bear.


home cooked turkey


frank, my second cousin twice removed, enjoying a turkey leg


Turkey Day is my most favorite holiday! While I love chicken (so versatile!), beef (so delicious), and duck (so flavorful), turkey is my favorite type of meat because of the specialness I associate with it. Every year, my family has 2.5 Thanksgiving day meals... first a traditional meal (turkey! ham! stuffing! sweet potatos! brussel sprouts!) cooked by my aunt, then a Chinese-style potluck with my family friends, and finally a midnight snack of congee with leftover turkey juices and bits!

What are your Thanksgiving traditions? And what do you do with all the leftover turkey??

4 comments:

  1. That's not Mrs. Bear! He is a gentle"bear" from Scotland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanksgiving's my favorite holiday too! I love cooking up a storm and I enjoy the leftovers just as much.

    I just posted about what I did with my leftovers - made mantou! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love mantous!! but i'm not the biggest fan of taro... can you make me meat mantous?! =D

    ReplyDelete