Friday, October 21, 2011

bye bye summer fun


It's only Oct and I miss summer already. Come back heat and sunshine. summer is good for a lot of things, but among my favorites in this area is crabbing! I took my sister once and she called me boring. what a loser (i mean her). I got to go 3 times this year; once to Sandy Point State Park, once to Romancoke Pier (Sandy Point was full), and once to a pier off of VA beach (First Landing State Park boat ramp). VA beach was the most private and pleasant crabbing experience I've had yet. and we caught more than crabbies.

And if you like eating crabs and never had freshly caught blue crabs, you must! It's waay more tender.

I've only tried chicken on the string crabbing. One of these days i have to try it off a boat.

hello one arm crab


oysters!

fresh and tasty (just don't think about the murky water)

go grow nice and big so i can eat you next year


Thanks robbie for the lovely pics!

5 comments:

  1. ahahah man those two really looked like they're really going at it with the crabs. i love this post. the pictures are beautiful. i don't even care for shellfish but these make me want some...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I don't like eating crabs...catching crabs is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think crabbing with you guys was one of the most fun things i did all summer =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. agreed! most fun thing. I bought a net + two lounge chairs -- ready for next season w/ you guys. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. "those two" were busy picking up that huge rock! Yay I'm glad you guys had a good first time crabbing trip. Can't wait for next summer. :)

    ReplyDelete